Shutting down Bitcoin out of an abundance of caution

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 05:33:01 PST 2021

On 18/11/2021 12:40, professor rat wrote:
> The chance - however remote - that James A. Donald is a man with immense economic and political power, almost unprecedented in history,

I am assuming you are referring to the million bitcoins attributed to
Satoshi.

First of all, James is not Satoshi. I guess you'll just have to take my
word for that.

Second, those bitcoins are tentatively worth $60 billion. That's a lot,
but I can name 10 people with more money, and a quick google turns up
another 10.

I say tentatively, if someone started selling them then price of bitcoin
would drop, probably to about $30k.

Which would place their owner/controller at no 51 on the world's richest
list.

Peter Fairbrother