Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 01:47:33 PST 2021

> Meanwhile Austria's Schallenberg Govt goes full Nazi on the people...
> Austria "Just Days Away" From Unleashing Lockdown On The "Shameful"

It's official, Austria goes just went as Nazi as the rest of the world...

Austria Orders Lockdown For The Unvaxx'd, Directs Police To Carry Out
Spot-Checks

https://www.theepochtimes.com/austria-orders-lockdown-for-only-the-unvaccinated-directs-police-to-carry-spot-checks_4103355.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/amid-2g-vaccine-passport-system-covid-19-cases-surge-across-germany_4099250.html
https://twitter.com/AnonCitizenUK/status/1459641202685399050
https://twitter.com/IreneKegler/status/1459634340086886405
https://twitter.com/GillianMcKeith/status/1459887147377471489
https://twitter.com/AnonCitizenUK/status/1459908647245520909
https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1459948730115891207

Austrian Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg on Sunday announced the
country is placing millions of people who aren’t fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 on lockdown starting Monday.

About 65 percent of the Central European nation’s population is
vaccinated, according to government data. Under the measures revealed
on Sunday, unvaccinated people are ordered to stay at home except for
limited reasons.

The rules, the government said, will be enforced by police officers
who will be out on the streets carrying out spot-checks on people who
are in public. Unvaccinated people are already excluded from
entertainment venues, bars, restaurants, and similar venues and
businesses.

“We are not taking this step lightly but it is necessary,”
Schallenberg told a news conference announcing the new measures.

Schallenberg admitted that the government essentially “told one-third
of the population: you will not leave your apartment any more apart
from for certain reasons. That is a massive reduction in contacts
between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.”

Now, unvaccinated people can only leave their homes for a limited
number of reasons like going to work or shopping for essentials. It’s
not clear how that would be enforced. Austria’s lockdown does not
apply to the under-12s, to people who have recently recovered from
COVID-19, and will last 10 days, Health Minister Wolfgang Mueckstein
said.

On Friday, Schallenberg alleged that the country’s COVID-19
vaccination is “shamefully low” and indicated the government should
give the “green light” for the sweeping restrictions over the weekend.

A sign warns visitors about controls of their status—vaccinated or
healed from COVID-19—at the entrance to the “Christkindlmarkt,”
Vienna’s classic Christmas Market, on the square in front of the City
Hall in Vienna, Austria, on Nov. 12, 2021 (Georg Hockmuth/APA/AFP via
Getty Images)

According to video footage posted online, crowds of people were seen
demonstrating against the vaccine mandate in Salzburg and other
Austrian cities, criticizing the “lying media” on Saturday. More
protests occurred Sunday, footage shows.

Interior Minister Karl Nehammer said there will be thorough police
checks and fines of up to 1,450 euros ($1,660) for breaches, and all
interactions with the police will include checking people’s
vaccination status. The move drew considerable condemnation online,
with some commentators noting that it would severely limit freedom of
movement for potentially millions of people.

    “As of tomorrow, every citizen, every person who lives in Austria
must be aware that they can be checked by the police,” Nehammer told
the news conference.

Showing an official COVID-19 pass proving that you have been
vaccinated, recovered from COVID-19, or recently tested has been
required for months in various places including restaurants, theaters,
cafes, and hairdressers.

    Does anyone really doubt that certain Democratic elected officials
in the US would do this in an instant -- "lock down" and forcibly
segregate "the unvaccinated" -- if they could get away with it
politically/legally/logistically
    — Michael Tracey (@mtracey) November 14, 2021

In nearby Germany, despite having its “2G” vaccine pass system in
place for months now, COVID-19 cases surged to their highest levels
last week. More than 50,000 cases were confirmed by health officials.

German Chancellor-in-waiting Olaf Scholz told Parliament on Thursday
that new measures are needed “to get through this winter … we must
shelter our country from the winter.” Also, government spokesman
Steffen Seibert was quoted by VOA News as saying that the virus is
“spreading dramatically” and asserted that a “quick and unified
response” was needed.