FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 01:42:03 PST 2021

Now users speech is even banned off stupid insanely
expensive products, only by Leftist Corp's of course,
those valuing free speech should sell PTON ...

Peloton Blocks Users From Using #LetsGoBrandon Hashtag

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/11/10/peloton-blocks-users-from-using-letsgobrandon-hashtag-n1530466
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/peloton-blocks-lets-go-brandon-hashtag-after-members-started-adding-it-to-profiles

"Let's Go Brandon!" has become a political rallying cry among
conservative-Trump-loving Americans to show their defiance against
President Biden. The phrase has gone viral since Oct. 2's NASCAR race
at the Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama, after a reporter
interviewing racecar driver Brandon Brown quickly spoke over the crowd
who was chanting "F at ck Joe Biden!" She said, "You can hear the chants
from the crowd. Let's go Brandon!"

The "Let's Go, Brandon" movement is a unique public response that
shows their discontent for the Biden administration. Billboards,
bumper stickers, yard signs, rap songs, guns, memes, and trending
hashtags continue to go viral. But one place that has banned the
phrase is fitness equipment company Peloton.

According to PJ Media, Peloton members used the tag "#LetsGoBrandon"
in their profile to connect with other like-minded users. Not too long
after they tagged their profiles, Peloton immediately banned the use
of it.

One user shared a screenshot of an alert from the fitness equipment
company that said, "this tag does not meet our guidelines. Please
contact Support if you believe this is an error."

Peloton also banned the #StopTheSteal and #TrumpWon hashtags. The
company did allow #ImpeachBiden, #WomenForTrump, and others. However,
#BlackLivesMatter has almost 270,000 members, while #AllLivesMatter
has been banned.

Peloton added profile tags during the virus pandemic to "provide a
more robust way for our Members to connect through shared interests or
identity," according to Peloton, adding that tags will make "the in
and out of class experience feel more personal and relevant.

Peloton told the Washington Examiner that it has "a zero-tolerance
policy against divisive, explicit, or other content that violates our
policies."

    "We welcome Members from all walks of life to represent themselves
through their Tags or by having thoughtful conversations in our
groups."

Users of the fitness bike told PJ Media they are tired of liberal
left-wing propaganda being forced down their throats. "We can't have a
'Let's Go Brandon'?" said one user.

"For a company who claims to be so inclusive, they sure do alienate a
big portion of its members," another user said. "Attempting to silence
our voices will not silence us. It will only grow our will to speak
louder."