DOJ and FBI have combined to destroy project veritas

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 22:10:21 PST 2021

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/11/the_doj_and_fbi_have_combined_to_destroy_project_veritas.html
November 13, 2021
The DOJ and FBI have combined to destroy Project Veritas
By Andrea Widburg

Project Veritas uses hidden camera techniques to expose corruption, dishonesty, anarchy, and totalitarian impulses in American institutions.  Given the times in which we live, that means Project Veritas is usually exposing leftists and their organizations.  It's almost certainly not a coincidence, then, that the FBI engaged in a series of early-morning raids against Project Veritas employees and its founder, James O'Keefe, ostensibly because, a year ago, they possessed, but refused to use (and gave to law enforcement), a diary that we now know belonged to Joe Biden's pathetic, drug-addicted daughter, Ashley.

It's even less of a coincidence that the New York Times immediately knew about the raids and later published Project Veritas's confidential correspondence with its attorneys.  What we're witnessing is a political hit job that would be completely at home in any penny-ante, third-world, tin pot tyranny — in other words, welcome to Biden's America.

The story starts with Ashley Biden, a Biden child almost as pathetic as Hunter.  Like her brother, she has had drug problems, including an arrest for marijuana possession (although, big surprise, the charges were dropped) and a video purportedly showing her using cocaine at a party.

Over a year ago, the louche Ashley ended up in a drug rehabilitation center and reported that her diary was stolen while she was there.  Tipsters approached Project Veritas, claiming to have a copy of the diary, which, they said, Ashley had abandoned or forgotten when she left the clinic.  Unable to determine whether the diary was even real, Project Veritas tried to give it to Ashley's attorney, who refused it.  Project Veritas then gave it to law enforcement.  It never published the diary.

Eventually, the National File released the document.  It made a bit of a splash because the diary refers to Ashley's belief that she was sexually abused as a child; talks about inappropriate showers with Daddy Joe; and discusses drug abuse, marital affairs, and more.  It's the pathetic document of a damaged person raised by a sleazy parent.

All that was a year ago.  And then, last week, the FBI engaged in pre-dawn, knock-the-door-down raids on Project Veritas reporters:

Think about that: we're talking about a common theft, something that belongs under the jurisdiction of the local cops, but the DOJ and FBI come together to engage in aggressive raids on a journalism outfit that has a habit of exposing problems in the administration's allies.

(End of partial quote)