Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 23:52:13 PDT 2021

They Put Their Life At Risk: Sen. Paul Decries Firing Of Frontline
Workers Over Vaccine Mandates

https://www.theepochtimes.com/they-put-their-life-at-risk-sen-paul-decries-firing-of-frontline-workers-over-vaccine-mandates_4085830.html

https://youtu.be/IUn8w2s3eHQ Rand Paul vs Mandates
https://www.theepochtimes.com/rand-paul-the-antidote-to-anthony-fauci_4085327.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/i-had-to-stand-up-and-try-to-do-something-professor-of-medicine-on-suing-school-over-vaccine-mandate_4074750.html

Firefighters, nurses, and other so-called frontline workers are being
fired or facing termination across the country for not complying with
COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

That’s wrong, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) says.

    “It’s a great disservice to fire people—nurses, doctors, firemen,
policemen—who put their life at risk when there was no vaccine at
all,” he told NTD’s “The Beau Show.”

Officials in New York City and other locales that have imposed vaccine
requirements say they will help decrease community spread of the virus
that causes COVID-19, though the effectiveness of the COVID-19
vaccines against infection has dropped sharply in recent months.

    “In terms of COVID, we are one of the safest places in America,
because we have one of the highest levels of vaccination,” Mayor Bill
de Blasio, a Democrat, told reporters on Wednesday.

Paul disagrees, particularly because many mandates lack opt-outs for
those who have had COVID-19 and recovered. That means they have some
level of protection against the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus,
many studies have shown.

    “Many of them got COVID while taking care of people. The doctors
and nurses caught COVID from their patients. Most of them survived,
fortunately. They now have immunity and all the science—102
studies—show that you have immunity if you’ve had the disease
naturally,” he told NTD.

NTD is part of the Epoch Media Group.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention acknowledges natural
immunity, or protection bestowed by having COVID-19, but asserts even
those with it should get a vaccine for an extra boost.

    “We do know that after nearly all infectious diseases, you have
some protection from getting that infection again, but we don’t really
know how long that lasts or how robust it is,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky,
the agency’s head, told reporters on Wednesday.

Critics argue those points are largely the same for vaccines and note
that many of the studies suggest the level of protection is similar to
or even superior to vaccination.

    “What kind of discriminatory policies do we have in place that are
excluding someone like me from the workplace when I’m 99.8 percent
protected against reinfection, whereas someone who got the Johnson &
Johnson vaccine, by the company’s own data that they submitted to the
FDA, is 67 percent protective against COVID infection?” Dr. Aaron
Kheriaty, who was suspended by the University of California, Irvine
for not getting a vaccine, told The Epoch Times last month.

Paul, a doctor, said that “nothing’s perfect, but your immunity is as
good as the vaccine.”

“And there’s no reason for the government to be mandating a vaccine,
particularly on people who’ve already had the disease,” he added.