[spam][joke][cryptotragedy] checking signatures on boot media

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 16:05:08 PDT 2021

> I am more concerned about IoT devices and how secure they are when
> using the Internet and that does not mean crypto but security in form
> of bug free software, wich does not allow to many hacking attempts.

strong agree with that.  crypto is important in iot too though.

software hacking only got scary when we moved our lives into software but
the current trends of insecurity are leaving active hardware dangerously
open, and soon we have self-driving cars and more common bioimplants and
stuff.  I suspect that some of these business/government interests are not
aware of the incredible degree of stealable power they are growing.