[spam] software responsibility

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 14:41:27 PDT 2021

> 1628
>
> ok so the plan is to ..... rebuild my changes to option setting, using
> context-local data, and checking to make sure the setter is called from
> libusb_init, by checking the list entry's state in the active list.
>
> it's zero-initalised with calloc so a non-zero check works.

it's 1643 and it might be lupper time all of a sudden.  let's see.  yes, I
can stand up and find food, it may be lupper time.

1734 i'm back.  multiple things happened.  that was before 1743 now the
universe is different.

so the plan is to rebuild my changes to option setting using context-local
data, and checking to make sure the setter is called from libusb_init by
checking the list entry in the active list.  the list entry is a context
member.

and.  first.  as I understand it it should work to remove the initial call
to the backend, and rely on the init setter.  let's see.

 an advantage to this is that the jni structure can optionally, or not, be
constructed when the option is set.

i'll try removing the initial call since the second call always happens.

1739 ok i'm looking at the first option call.

issue 1 (later): usbdk is another option that uses this
issue 2: this is the same call made from the constructor.  oops.

a quick fix would be to have the backend code do nothing.

re issue 2: it's that the constructor actually calls this very function, so
separating them would mean some change.

ok.  let's see.
maybe i'll present my simplification as a pull request.  maybe I can reply
to the contributor too.