[wrong] [ot] crazy journal

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun May 30 15:19:05 PDT 2021

Remember to simulate to find more mistakes.

(popbinheight^sampbinheight) (popcount - popbinheight) ^ (sampcount -
sampbinheight) (sampcount C sampbinheight)

I'm thinking that if we wanted to consider the number of samplings that
made the whole precise histogram, we would replace the larger exponent with
further copies of the rest of the expression, where sampcount is reduced
appropriately in each.

Is there an error, because popcount is not present in the result?  Not
sure.  Popcount is needed to know the probability of getting one of the
bins, but we are already assuming that we got them all ....