[wrong] [ot] crazy journal

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun May 30 15:06:15 PDT 2021

On Sun, May 30, 2021, 5:58 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 30, 2021, 5:52 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> (popbinheight^sampbinheight) (popcount - popbinheight) ^ (sampcount -
>> sampbinheight) (sampcount C sampbinheight)
>>
>> Is the combinations still looking ok, now that the system is describsd
>>>>>>

>> The question is whether or not the expression counts all the possible
>> different decision sets, without duplication, that result in exactly
>> sampbinheight samples from popbinheight population portions.
>>

> Goal: validate expression.  Note: expression is useful on computer, not
> mailing list.

We can break the outcomes into sets based on which of the decisions are the
ones that pick the bin of interest.  This is a selection of sampbinheight
decisions from among sampcount total decisions, which cannot be reordered.
(sampcount C sampbinheight).

Each of these sets has the same two unknown spaces, none of which overlap,
of which non-relevent decisions are made, and which of the popbinheight
samples are selected.  The non-relevent decisions are made from a
nondepleting group that is (popcount - popbinheight) large.  The sample
choices are each made from a homogenous group that is popbinheight large.
Selecting a different item from popbinheight is a different decision, the
same way selecting a different nonrelevent item is ... I think?

So we have (popcount - popbinheight) ^ (sampcount - sampbinheight) and we
have popbinheight ^ sampbinheight .

These are the same expressions listed above.

I'm sure I made another error, but I don't know what it is, and it's nice
to have a better guess.