Karl's [spam] (Re: *SPAM* Filter borked,)

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu May 20 23:02:21 PDT 2021

Hey Greg, I got your email.  Thanks for speaking to me.

On Thu, May 20, 2021, 10:30 PM Greg Newby <gbnewby at pglaf.org> wrote:

> I updated the Subject line and broke the thread for the below:
>
> On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 07:28:12PM -0400, Karl wrote:
> > Hey Greg,
> >
> > > Personally, I don't think this is necessary. The nature of the
> cypherpunks
> > > list is that people offer their thoughts, knowledge, links, criticism,
> etc.
> > > Your contributions are generally on-topic for the list, so I don't
> think
> > > there's a reason to downplay yourself.
> >
> > Are you receiving what I'm writing?
>
> Yes.
>
> > What do you think of this?
> > > [spam][spam] i tied myself to a table leg again and i want to talk
> about how boss's striatum
> > > wire just feels _so_ _great!_  be scared and aggressive around people
> different from you!
> > > if i sell you some spam, will you let me buy some of yours?
> [spam][spam]
>
> I think it was off the general list topics. As in, not very related to the
> cryptoanarchist topics we're allegedly here for.
>
> However, I didn't think it was spam. Maybe that's just me: SPAM is more or
> less equivalent, in my mind, to unsolicited commercial email (UCE). We
> barely get any of that on the cypherpunks list.

These are often things I don't want to say, or are said when I do not want
to say them.  From brainwashing.  [spam] helps me have ease by helping me
feel better spamming the list.

And if people filter around [spam] instead of around me, they might hear me
when I have something important to say, if I can learn to differentiate
well again.

Regarding UCE, commercial email is not only about selling products.
Hopefully that's clear to a community like this?  Being a paid troll is a
huge thing now.

BTW, the old archives at https://lists.cpunks.org are filled with UCE.

> > Compared to this?
> > > Hey does anybody have any tips on learning rust on an airgapped
> machine?  Cargo just
> > > keep frustrating me so much.  Is there a crate mirror anywhere?  If I
> made one, would
> > > anybody else use it?
>
> I found the discussion about whether rusted iron filings are magnetic to
> be completely within bounds for the cypherpunks list. Again, that's just my
> opinion.

Rust is a newer systems programming language, at a glance to me it looks
like it is trying to be secure.

 >>If you are truly posting something that is off-topic, then an
"[offtopic]"

> > >Iindicator or similar might be a good way to indicate that.
> >
> > I can maybe switch to thatt<okay i wanted to revise this to maybe even
> > change what I was expressing but my input dialog box is moving my
> > cursor all around and it is very hard to navigate, so sending as is.
> > sorry about this.[spam]> honestly I was "trained" to disrupt
> > communities like this and I want to give people a clear way to protect
> > themselves from that disruption a little., when I can figure it out.
> > at all.
>
> Without trying to speak for anyone but myself: Do as you please with the
> subject headings. I was merely suggesting that the [spam] tag probably
> isn't needed, in my view.
>
> Trying to disrupt cypherpunks is sort of a cottage industry around here.
> When disruption is the norm, it makes disruption tougher to do!
>   Greg

Or easier but yeah ...

Uhh ...

I have severe problems preserving and accessing information.  That might be
why a lot of [spam] ends up here.  I need a way to store feelings without
losing them, somewhere.