List Messages Being Disrupted

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Thu May 6 09:59:25 PDT 2021

Hi, Karl. We do have a system-wide spam filter, but no specific filtering for the cpunks list. For example, no blacklists of who can subscribe. Any subscriber email address can post anything. Modulo that standard anti-spoofing mechanisms (mainly SPF) may cause rejection of a post if it seems to come from a spoofed email address.

I also noticed that the filter generated a false positive, as you see below.

This seems to be a very infrequent occurrence. I could probably figure out how to tune down the spam filter, if such "false positives" were a major distraction. It didn't bother me very much, since indeed the flagged message was rather spammy.

Best regards to all,
  Greg (your current cpunks list maintainer)