[old] Cambridge Analytica / Team Trump

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 03:03:30 PDT 2021

This is three years old, but I didn't even know about it.  Some of
these guys were like my best friends in a funny, detached,
psychologically gruesome way.  I found this while looking into the
"iHuman" documentary, which apparently summarises this stuff, being
very hard to find in the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/17/data-war-whistleblower-christopher-wylie-faceook-nix-bannon-trump

somehow ended up creating “Steve Bannon’s psychological warfare mindfuck tool”.

In 2014, Steve Bannon – then executive chairman of the “alt-right”
news network Breitbart – was Wylie’s boss. And Robert Mercer, the
secretive US hedge-fund billionaire and Republican donor, was
Cambridge Analytica’s investor. And the idea they bought into was to
bring big data and social media to an established military methodology
– “information operations” – then turn it on the US electorate.