FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 23:05:50 PDT 2021

Censorship is not an "Error", it is an intentional act,
a system employed against people by oppressors.
Jack Dorsey and Twitter have history of being
oppressors, apologists, election meddlers, etc.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7k9ngd/twitter-kicked-out-marjorie-taylor-greene-before-congress-got-a-chance

Twitter Admits "Error", Un-Freezes Marjorie Taylor Greene's Account

Friday, Mar 19, 2021

A Twitter spokesperson has just confirmed that the suspension of
Greene's account was an accident - another mistake made by the
company's automated systems.

    "Our automated systems took enforcement action on the account
referenced in error. This action has been reversed," they said.

Surprise! Another "error"?

Greene, in a tweet, asked Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey for explanation of
the “error”.

* * *

As President Biden and Kamala Harris tour her home state (and rival
Democrats in Congress cook up legislation to officially expel her from
the legislature) controversial Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has
been suspended from Twitter yet again.

Greene, who has been slammed by Democrats for allegedly helping to
instigate the Jan. 6 Capitol Riot (we thought it was Trump's fault?),
said in a campaign message that Twitter had suspended her account
around 0100ET Friday for 12 hours "without explanation." Twitter has
so far declined to comment on the decision.

"They're doing everything they can to silence me, because I am a
threat to the Swamp!" she claimed in an interview with Vice.

Although all of Greene's tweets remain live, Greene can only use her
account for sending direct messages to her followers, but can’t tweet,
like, or retweet any content until the suspension is lifted. Greene
shared a screenshot of the suspension notification to her Telegram
account.

Greene's office raised suspicions about the timing of the ban, which
was apparently implemented just hours before California Rep. Jimmy
Gomez introduced a resolution to expel Greene from Congress. There was
no immediate evidence to back up the suspicions.

    "I believe some of my Republican colleagues, and one in
particular, wish harm upon this legislative body. And I'm not saying
this for shock value," Gomez during a statement made on the House
floor Friday morning. "It's the conclusion I drew after a member of
Congress advocated violence against our peers, the speaker and our
government," Gomez said of Greene.

Gomez accused Greene of being responsible for the Jan. 6 intrusion,
using extremely dramatic language before claiming that he takes "no
joy" in introducing the resolution to expel a colleague.

    "It is what I believed after this chamber was turned into a crime
scene just 10 weeks ago. It's how many of us felt sheltering in this
room as the Capitol was breached. Some members called their loved ones
to say goodbye, others prayed to their God, and I asked myself if this
would be the day our democracy died," Gomez said. "I take no joy in
introducing this resolution, but any member who incites political
violence and threatens our lives must be expelled, and I'll do
everything I can in my power to protect our democracy and keep all my
colleagues safe," he said.

The House passed a resolution to strip Greene of her committee
assignments last month, constraining her influence in the legislature.
All Democrats and 11 Republicans supported the move. The new
resolution to suspend Greene has been co-sponsored by six dozen House
Dems.