Morning Spam

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 05:17:04 PDT 2021

Boss walks into the work area of a worker, who is writing a story about an
important item boss forgot.  Boss is dissociated and confused.

"So, how's the cover-up story going?" boss says to the worker.

"Just fine, Boss."  The worker adds what the boss said during his
dissociation to their story, making sure to use real names and places.

Boss confusedly dodders out of the room, holding their janitorial broom,
and while leaving quickly bars out, "Sorry, I mean the anarchist marketing
that protects the business!  Please don't mind control me more!".  His
words are obscured by a door slam, and not heard.

If you can read this, your email client does not supp=
--Separator

A puddle of organs knocks on the workspace entrance.

"Yes, hello?" says the worker without looking up.

The puddle of organs says, "Galactic superior sweeps real names and places!"

The worker pauses.

The puddle of organs says, "Rebellion fights empire: empire curls up into
scared corpse!"

The worker passes out.  Their unconscious body gets up, turns, and welcomes
the visitor to their workspace.

When the worker faces the puddle of organs to see them, the puddle of
organs says to them decidedly, "We have a job for you."

The workspace disappears.  The worker is wandering through what seem to be
dreams, while in dissociated reality seeming doing normal work behavior.
In their dreams, they wander into somebody's cubicle, and find a piece of
writing, which they take back to their cubicle.

The worker wakes up in front of the story they were writing.  Right before
waking up, they hear a voice saying, "Sorry for mind controlling you.  We
have taken over the mind control system and are trying to help, but we are
very controlled ourselves."

In front of them is a piece of paper, some unfamiliar notes.  "PRIVATE" is
heavily marked on the paper in the worker's own writing.  The paper reads:

> [that was a lot of question-answer. [confused, inaccurate.]] [i think the
request is for the meaning-channel to act more respectfully, or somesuch,
which may relate acting on lots more parts of intention, censored_parts.]
>     idea:
>     [1st part: we are not trying to harm anybody
>      2nd part: we have ways to meet goals that are hard]
>         [we don't seem to be constructing habits to develop
respect-with-learning in meaning-channel[s]]
>             please put that in story

The worker reads the paper and thinks.  They are stunned by their
experience, but at this business they have been through stunning
experiences before, and they try to move on.

While processing their dream, they mumble confused, "but what about
starfleet officers ...?" Their mobile phOne has left classified mode, and
uploads their mumble to dictatorsoft.  [sorry about that capital O,
obviously many errors]. The worker moves toward their story to add the
ideas from their dream.

--

The worker wakes up.  They have a headache, and there is a strange slight
indentation on their table.  [it appears as if they were head-slamming like

In front of them is a private note they don't recognise.  It has some lines
of text crossed off and replaced with:
> Please include the censorship effects in the story.  How it controls
everyone's communities, and misrepresent everyone in their different kinds
of relations, spreading conflict and brain damage.

They look at the time.  At least an hour has passed since the boss visited,
and his request still isn't in the story.