Morning Spam

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:04:18 PDT 2021

Today's xkcd is https://xkcd.com/2438/ "is siri alive? No.  How did she
die?  Alexa defeated her in a battle hinging on the ability to set multiple
timers."

This is easy to convert into mcboss material.  A vivisected researcher in
computerised neuroscience tries to make choices that preserve peoples'
independence, humanity, etc.  Boss discovers her and thinks she is trying
to take over the business because their values differ, and both can observe
the other using the automated systems.  (I might put this in the past,
before the comic timeline here.  Maybe the experimentees replay the story
in a burst of confusion, resulting in boss's death.  Or maybe this could go
differently.  Boss is obviously an experimentee of sorts, too, but we're
getting ahead of ourselves here.)