Phys.org: Breaking the warp barrier for faster-than-light travel

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 16:15:37 PST 2021

On 3/12/21, professor rat <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> I'd like to test a basic " Ansible " device outside our solar-system. The
> problem is NASA and Musk keep talking up rape of the wilderness planet,
> Mars. Once any other sentient alien species find out about that they'll
> probably have us wiped out as a threat to the entire Galaxy.
>
> SAD!

Upon reaching technical capacity to be anyone else's UFO,
the remaining 10^22 stars might not be as big a hurdle as
once imagined, at least as far as reachability. Though yes
you might get gunned down in the process... best bring
tradegoods, shiny baubles, bitcoin, vodka, hookers and blow,
and Herb Cohen who says "You can negotiate anything".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_stars_and_brown_dwarfs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLC1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Orion_(nuclear_propulsion)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Daedalus