Quantum Computing Report: German Researcher Claims to Have Found a Fast Classical Algorithm for Factoring Large Integers

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 13:10:52 PST 2021

On 08/03/2021 07:59, jim bell wrote:
> Quantum Computing Report: German Researcher Claims to Have Found a Fast Classical Algorithm for Factoring Large Integers.
> https://quantumcomputingreport.com/german-researcher-claims-to-have-found-a-fast-classical-algorithm-for-factoring-large-integers/

Had a quick look - afaict (it was a very quick look at a very complex
paper) it seems to be an OK method for general factorisation, but not so
good for the twin-large-prime factorisation which would to break RSA.

But do not rely on that, it is just an impression. I do not have a
postcard to send..

Peter Fairbrother