Why could this list be a target for (paid) trolls?

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 05:00:03 PST 2021

On 9/6/16, Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:
> On 09/06/2016 05:44 AM, Georgi Guninski wrote:
>> Why could this list be a target for (paid) trolls?
>>
>> I hear that this list is target of (paid) trolls and browsing it
>> appears to support this.

I never received Georgi's original e-mail, maybe gmail spam-filtered it.

I was harshly targeted as an activist around 2015 during the time I
joined this lists.  Activities and comnmunities I visited were
obstructed heavily.  I was likely on a corrupt terrorist suspect list,
and I was losing my mind from absolutely everything I tried running
into an issue.

I think I made a big impact on the people trying to coerce me with my
resourcefulness and unwillingness.  I acted as if I was freely willing
to die to protect what I felt was right, I was happy living with no
money or resources at all due to my survival training, and I had the
technical expertise to feel confident around solving any technological
problem.

When I went into a tor chatroom and spoke with people from this list,
I was breaking out of an ISP bubble doing so.  I was experiencing
changing SSL certificates, website content that appeared different on
home computers from public computers, phones that didn't ring when
called despite having a signal, email and other messaging archives
disappearing or changing, etc.  Things changed a lot when I was able
to use tor to contact other people.  The whole city environment
changed (homeless activist community perspective).  Not necessarily
for the better.

These peoples' jobs (which they do not seem to be paid for, in my
experience) seem to be to either shift people to do different things
with their lives and communities, or slowly and completely destroy
them, so that various activism or resources that activists could use
do not happen.

Because I was able to defeat internet censorship, reactivate and
archive evidence from disabled computer systems, and had the
confidence to pursue building a shielded room or using SDRs to look at
communications when experiencing evidence of wireless compromise
(usually a millionaires thing), and I share expertise with people on
this list, it could have been similarly targeted.

As many know, they don't seem to understand the technology at all,
they just don't want people to be able to find or stop their
activities of oppression and manipulation.