Key witness in Assange case admits to lies in indictment - Stundin

David Barrett dbarrett at expensify.com
Wed Jun 30 15:00:13 PDT 2021

On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 12:17 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> > He isn't in prison is he?  He is hiding in an embassy.
>>
>>         WHAT
>>

> Turns out Assange was imprisoned some time ago.

Oh I'm behind on that.  He was arrested one year ago, correct?  So far he's
served one year in jail -- and in the event he is sentenced to jail time, I
imagine that one year will be counted toward his sentence (as it was for
Chelsea Manning).

Am I understanding that you feel it is an outrage to hold Assange in UK
jail to await a trial that has been actively delayed *at his own request*
by appealing extradition?  The only reason he hasn't been tried in court
faster than this is due to his extraordinary (and clearly illegal) efforts
to avoid being tried.  How is that the court's fault or responsibility?

-david