Edward Snowden Says Assange 'Could Be Next' After John McAfee Suicide

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 18:18:06 PDT 2021

> support of total transparency of evidence logged into the public record
>> for all to see forever -- including, say, child pornography?
>>

> That's a silly thing to mention, but yes.  We need to know what is true,
> very badly.  It's also clearly helpful if pedophiles can get arousal from
> old court evidence rather than incentivising criminal production of new
> material.

Y'know, I thought about this more, not something I'm used to considering,
and children and parents definitely need to be able to decide what is
hidden in situations like that, obviously.  I wasn't thinking of the
subjects of photos still being living children.  It makes one think of
people's ability to take things off the internet, too.

There's also some value around publicising things temporarily in a ritual
way, like a viewing of a coffin at a funeral.  Then everyone is respectful.

Pretty different topic than government secrets, though.