[ot][spam][wrong] crazy ramblings

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 17:14:47 PDT 2021

--

Right triangle: "The ratio between my height and my hypotenuse is the sine
of my angle!"

 Small blob: "The sine of your angle?  Is that important?"

 Right triangle: "I am told it is!  I am very special because my ratio is
the sine of my lower angle!"

 Small blob, to sine of angle: "What makes you so special, abstract
relation with a label?"

 Sine of Angle: "I describe how rotation and vertical translation go
together!  You'll need me if you ever want to simulate a bicycle to
calculate the ideal height of its seat!"

 Small blob, to right triangle: "Why would I ever want to simulate a
bicycle?"

 Right Triangle: "Sorry, is this about vertical things, horizontal things,
diagonal things, or angular things?"

 Small blob: "Umm ... I think is vertical and angular."

 Right Triangle: "Perhaps the arcsine is your answer.  Bicycles sound kind
of old, and so it the arcsine.  If you ever want to know an angle based on
a height, the arcsine is your friend!"

 Small blob: "But why would I ever want to know that?"

 Arcsine: "Your angle is indeterminate.  Are you sure you're a real number?"

 Small blob sat a little.

Different small blob: "Trigonometry sure is silly, isn't it, small blob?"

 Small blob: "Why are things trigonometric instead of something that makes
sense?"

 Different small blob: "I think Karl tries to do trigonometry to relax
sometimes."

 Small blob: "Ohhh! Maybe I can help him!"

 Small blob to right triangle: "One moment, friend trigonometry."

 Small blob to different small blob: "Are you sure he's not trying to tell
a story?  Isn't this a post to the internet?"

 Different small blob: "Ummmmmmmmmmm.  Let's tell an old mind control
story."