Edward Snowden Says Assange 'Could Be Next' After John McAfee Suicide

David Barrett dbarrett at expensify.com
Fri Jun 25 09:15:49 PDT 2021

This kind of an obvious question, but what specifically does Snowden think
is unfair about our courts?  Evading taxes, leaking confidential national
security information -- I think it's totally reasonable to challenge the
legitimacy and ethics of these laws.  But it's hard to challenge the
*existence* of these laws, or claim the government doesn't have a
reasonable argument that these laws were in fact broken.  The only way to
blame the courts would be to assert that these laws don't in fact don't
exist and/or are obviously not being broken.

I think he should reserve his ire for the Legislative and Executive
branches for creating and enforcing laws they feel are unjust, not the
Courts for doing (what seems like) a pretty decent job of trying to
evaluate them.

-david