[wrong] Killing the PGP web of trust

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 02:40:57 PDT 2021

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021, 8:52 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 20:45:18 -0400
> Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I glanced through https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=27586146 which
> has
> > some dialog with a debian supporter of the new non-pgp system.
>
>         they must have switched to a new, gender-equal, feminazi system
> that prevent 'human trafficking' no?

I might be too confused this week to figure out how what you're saying
relates to what I said.  I understand we both made jokes, but I don't see
any other relation yet.  I understand that human trafficking is something I
care about, and I am the person who made the post.

I did regret making jokes more than usual due to different parts of my mind
than usual not understanding what I was saying.

Of course gender-equality very slightly reduces human trafficking for
people who adopt it because they are less likely to work with sex slaves or
ignore the ways sex slaves behave.  It doesn't exactly seem like a solution
to the problem.

It seems to me pgp works a _lot_ better than that, but we will of course
have to find our way through this whole "global surveillance state" thing
to make any use of e2e encryption.  An important situation.

What do you think, punk-batsoup-stasi, of the "legal" human trafficking
exerted by the governments of the world on their very own citizens?