Private free-space communication.

Steven Schear schear.steve at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 01:35:30 PDT 2021

The problem with IR laser comms is its only p2p, LoS, meaning its only
practical fixed end points. A nice complement may be possible in the near
UV (200 - 350nm, with a peak at about 250nm) by using only
the molecular vibrational modes of ozone. Due to atmospheric aerosols beams
at these frequencies.aimed at low-to-mid angles can be sufficiently
dispersed so as to enable no-LoS. Due to the upper atmosphere ozone these
frequencies are greatly darked in most areas of the globe even at noon.