[ot] [madness] healing psychosis with ai

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 00:36:02 PDT 2021

Text follows this introductory line.

I believe I have this fully sorted out.  Many problems can crop up on the
path, and I believe I have a solution to any possible problems.  The
thought parts are hard to sustain, bring together, and retain, so there's
only a bit here and there.

Basically, the patient works with an AI as if they were part of a GAN.  The
AI learns to predict the behavior of the patient, and the patient learns to
understand their own behavior.

As the AI forms a model of the patient's psychosis, it maps things that
trigger it or worsen it.  The patient can then make informed decisions on
how to act.

They could pursue one or more of:
- alteration of their brain to prevent the experiences
- investigation into how the experiences developed and why they continue,
in order to resolve them therapeutically
- avoidance of the events that stimulate their experiences

They could engage
- personal cognitive training to learn to handle things
- augmentation to warn them of or prevent the experiences

This sounds both exotic and easy, but we have the research to do this
today, and I am not aware of it being done.  Research can take years to
reach the doctor's office as things move through clinical trials.

I've seen visualisations of AI models for image-recognition.  I've also
seen that AI models of human behavior are widespread among politics and
sales.  I'm sure visualising models of human behavior has already been done.

I will probably be trying to work on this.  But I expect public research to
outpace me due to my issues.  My eta would be a couple decades.