Covid Crazies

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 03:58:59 PDT 2021

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021, 6:24 AM Douglas Lucas <dal at riseup.net> wrote:

> See below. Was digging through some old emails and stumbled across this
> old cypherpunks post.
>
> On 12/28/20 8:19 PM, Karl Semich wrote:
> > (psychosis is scary.  it causes slow well-documented brain damage.
> > the antipsychotics cause a different kind of brain damage, kind of a
> > pick-your-situation thing except where you have to pick one of the
> > antipsychotics.  they don't like to talk about those things.)
>
> Hi Karl, can you link me to, or provide bibliography for, that
> documentation of psychosis causing slow brain damage? I have heard that
> claim many times, but do not know if it is true one way or the other.

Off the cuff, it seems likely to me that over time, with psychosis, or
> antipsychotics, or both, dopamine processing would become increasingly
> abnormal relative to the norm of, I don't know, people living off the
> land in a soothing nonindustrial environment.

It's well documented that schizophrenia produces an increase of grey matter
in some areas of the brain, and a larger loss of grey matter in other areas.

https://searx.webheberg.info/search?q=grey%20matter%20schizophrenia

I'm afraid my actual bibliography is on a system that is presently
difficult for me to access due because of symptoms of the current topic.

This is some research from 2017 on detecting schizophrenia from a single
MRI: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6101559/

With machine learning, they've been mapping these things successfully using
a variety of metrics, not just grey matter and MRI.

There was also a successful fmri neurofeedback study, where by identifying
the pattern of a hallucination while in a machine, a patient could reliably
be taught to prevent it.  Many other neurofeedback studies have been
following it.  Sometimes you can find one accepting volunteers at
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ .

I can likely find more papers for you if needed.  I have trouble moving
around without having experiences similar to seizures.

But the normies are also
> having their dopamine processing completely and dramatically disrupted
> due to addictive internet media of various types.

When you live connected in the wilderness you quickly become a healthy
genius.  There are few studies, but if you've found the various ones that
have been done it's easy to see there is little funding and little
publicity for such things.