[wrong] [draft] [spam] The goal of using cryptography at all.

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 03:39:12 PDT 2021

Since this list is so weird, people talking strange (including me), no
signatures, etc etc, it would be good to get better communications going.

There are many better communication systems.

To know your messages are meant for you by the person who claims to have
sent them, it's really good to be able to keep a private key that is
actually private.  This is hard for me to do.

What device I'm on switches.  Right now my device is an android phone that
runs very very slowly and often misbehaves.  A private key kept on this
phone, which sometimes does things on its own while I am looking at it, and
sometimes may wait a few minutes to respond to touching a button, would
make security more complex.  I would barely have confidence that the
private key was private, because I don't know how to make the phone behave
reliably.