GoldBug Messenger Fraud? [was: FBI encrypted app, global arrests]

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 03:26:53 PDT 2021

On Wed, Jun 16, 2021, 6:24 PM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> "rdohm: the EFF in conjunction with the Chaos Computer Club
> announced a new secure Instant Messenger called: GoldBug"
>
> "rdohm: We all need to evaluate this and will come back to you"
>

> > You have to audit the code to claim it is faulty.
>
> No one ever claimed the code was faulty,
> only that the group was and is still doing things that
> are disreputable... lying about nonexistent press

??? if the code is not faulty then why are you talking about unsigned
messages as if they are related to anything?

go get an signed message, and then talk about what you are talking about --
people, not software -- once you can demonstrate they actually did what you
say.

releases to con users into using it, censoring user
> inquiries, refusing to code signing reproducibility, dodging
> and faux-assert-confirm based redirecting tactics instead of
> simply answering simple questions, and questionable
> actions and methods irregular to usual work in the field...
> all documented on the internet, which people are too lazy to
> follow, to lazy to even get a copy of the PR from the EFF CCC.
>
> The advice has always been to audit code.
> Many people won't bother using or auditing
> any codes that come from groups that have
> disreputed themselves... that works for them.

It is well known that disruptors disrepute groups for no fault of their
own.  I will be reading 1 more reply from your email address for now.

Regardless... Expect Ops.

People will protect themselves when you can use cryptographic signatures to
get through the ones shilling us to you.