Evidence of Enforcement Workers Portraying Activists as Criminal

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 04:44:26 PDT 2021

Here's another incriminating document to give you power over me.

19:20:18 The investigator asks as to the nationality of the devs and to
meet up personally.

[19:20:18] <    gamambel> | Guest100: i would have to know more about it.
some of the main devs are german, right? maybe we can meet up and discuss
it?

19:20:18 The party under suspicion asks to exchange keys and the
investigator completely ignores the request, continuing the conversation
without exchanging keys.

[19:21:44] <    Guest100> | tell me when you have time and are ready and
how to send you a key. we need to swap keys

Later

9:16:06 The investigator again asks for physical location and attempts to
plan to physically meet.

[9/21/13 9:16:06 AM] Fabio Pietrosanti (naif): where are you based? As we
can organize an "Hackaton" and bring there some other groups for training
of advocate?

9:17:31 The suspect again expresses the need to exchange keys and is
ignored by the investigator.

9/21/13 9:17:31 AM] cartoonhero: we need to exchanges keys

9:29:17 The investigator begins trying to convince the suspect that the
project could be managed by a company.

[9/21/13 9:29:17 AM] Fabio Pietrosanti (naif): to make a funding agreement
for translation support, the project need to be managed by a legal entity,
tipically a non-profit association or foundation

9:30:18 The investigator again attempts to physically meet and track the
suspect.

[9/21/13 9:30:18 AM] Fabio Pietrosanti (naif): are you coming to the
OpenITP Circumvention Summit in Berlin next week?

Throughout the conversation the investigator continually talks as if the
suspect is a member of the development team, despite the suspect repeatedly
clarifying that they are not.  That probably helped simplify the situation
for everybody.