Cryptocurrency: Global Windfall Tax to Hit Crypto and Gold

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 02:05:19 PDT 2021

Now that Mind Control Propaganda Programming has been
Globally Coordinated (to wit: Corona Lockdowns and
"Corporate Minimum Tax", which all the world's People and
Corps accepted up their ass like Sheep), prepare your
bungholes to accept the next phase...

What The Next Gold Confiscation Will Look Like...
by Nick Giambruno

On April 5, 1933, under the pretext of a national emergency, President
Franklin D. Roosevelt issued Executive Order 6102, making it illegal
for U.S. citizens to own gold.

The decree forced Americans to sell their gold at an artificially low
“official price.” If they refused, the government could hit them with
stiff penalties: a $10,000 fine (equivalent to $205,000 today) and/or
up to 10 years in prison.

The government blatantly stole wealth from the American people.

Many worry the U.S. government might confiscate gold again if it
becomes desperate enough. I don’t think those fears are unfounded. The
U.S. government’s abysmal financial situation is only getting worse.

But would it really do a 1933-style grab again?

I don’t think it will. However, there is another growing threat to your gold.

More Likely Than Outright Confiscation

Today, only a tiny fraction of the U.S. population owns gold. Heck,
I’d bet most Americans have never even seen a gold coin, much less
appreciate its value.

This wasn’t the case in 1933, when the U.S. was still on a variation
of the gold standard. That’s why the government probably won’t repeat
the 1933 rip-off. It’s simply not worth the effort.

If the government wants to confiscate wealth, it’s far more likely to
go for the easy option… steadily debasing the currency by printing
money. It’s a stealthy way to confiscate from savers.

That doesn’t mean gold owners are in the clear.

I think the government will try a new scam: taxing windfall profits on
gold. This would make it much easier for the government to accomplish
something similar to its 1933 heist.

There’s precedence for it, too. In 1980, Congress passed the Crude Oil
Windfall Profit Tax Act, which taxed up to 70% of “windfall profits”
of domestic oil producers.

What the heck is a windfall profit anyway?

As far as I can tell, it’s whatever politicians decide it is. It’s
completely arbitrary. There are no objective measures to define it.

In short, a windfall profit is simply a profit politicians don’t like.

The whole concept is a scam—a word trick to camouflage and sanitize
legalized theft.

If the price of gold explodes, I wouldn’t be surprised if Congress
passes a Fair Share Gold Windfall Profit Tax Act levying a tax of 80%,
90%, or more on gold profits.