[ot][ot][wrong][wrong]

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 16:10:59 PDT 2021

Once upon a time, a story thought it might begin.

This story was named Story, and it was _so_ excited about beginning.  It's
introduction was starting like great ball of fire creeping over an immense
mountain.  All the animals were rushing out of their beds, singing about
what a wonderful day of work they were going to have, and Story was rushing
up too, singing with them.

How might this Story start?  "Once upon a time" ?  Something scary?
Something idealistic?  Something surprising or mundane?

Story ran through all the options, trying here, trying there.  Story
visited a celebrating woodchuck, getting ready to dig their hole more, an
office worker rushing into their car to drive to work, a flower wrenching
its petals open to show them for the rest of the day, and a hobbyist
getting everything into place for a project they had.

Story knew what to do.  Story was going to tell their own story.  Not a
copy from anyone else.  It was time for a story that had no limits at all.

Story sat down with a listener and began telling their story.  The story
and the listener were so excited to begin.

Story leant forward towards Listener.  Other listeners nearby noticed and
began moving towards the two, also wanting to hear.  Some would run, some
would call others over.

"This story is new," said Story.

The crowd listened.

"Some stories are guided by ideas, by storytellers.  But I am my own
Story.  I have --"
--
Apologies.  Handling something.
Here's an inner dialog: