The National: Colonial Pipeline’s ransom recovery sparks debate on Bitcoin traceability

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sat Jun 12 12:02:53 PDT 2021

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 11:05:37 -0700
David Barrett <dbarrett at expensify.com> wrote:

> I am very confused why anyone thinks Bitcoin is untraceable, anonymous, or
> anything less than a privacy disaster.  It is literally the least private
> currency ever devised: once I know your wallet, I know truly everything you
> have ever done back to the very start.

	No you don't. Although bitcoin's privacy is obviously weak, one of the biggest reasons  why that is the case is the fact that the arpanet and the scum who created it are constantly spying on you.

	If you only had access to 'blockchain data' you wouldn't be able to know who pays who and who owns what.

> Bitcoin is as private as sharing all your credit card purchases via twitter:

	no it isn't.

> yes, very noisy, but totally in
> the open (and "mixing" things between wallets is just silly -- computers
> can unwind all that in a millisecond).

	more garbage. You don't know what you're talking about.

> If you have a mapping of "human identity to wallet"

	furthermore, there's no such thing as a 'wallet' in bitcoin. There are addresses.

> because normal banks *have shitloads of privacy protections

	lawl...Goes to show how idiotic the garbage you vomit is.