GoldBug Messenger Fraud? [was: FBI encrypted app, global arrests]

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 10:28:08 PDT 2021

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021, 6:53 AM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> [appropriate joke]
>
> PGP seems pretty suspicious, too, no?  Also POSIX?
>
> [/appropriate joke]
>
> I don't know why I'm receiving expression from you guys of such poor
> information.
>
> What can this cypherpunks list do for either you, or your mitm if that is
> the reason for the poor information?

So, the reason I responded this way was because the information didn't show
anything suspicious to me.  The reasons for suspicion were a press release
that wasn't included, and various behaviors that seem tiny to me.

Meanwhile a lot of people's personally identifying information was being
shared, when these people were running, using, and advocating an open
source encrypted network .  Most of the documents are sharing personal
details on the people found related to the network.  This can get people
very hurt in my opinion; but I infer it is just there so that other people
can continue the work and figure out what is real.

It seems to hard to figure out if that press release is real unless the dev
says it is.