[ot] [semi-wrong] possible partial review of goldbug Re: GoldBug Messenger Fraud? [was: FBI encrypted app, global arrests]

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 05:48:08 PDT 2021

- the repository contains binaries to ease compilation for windows users.
It specifies how to redownload these binaries.

- spot-on is presently listed as the source code for goldbug at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/goldbug/?source=navbar .  I do not see the
source code for goldbug in the july 2013 version of spot-on.

- in july 2013, libspoton at a cursory glance appeared to be a small c
library that used openssl and libgeoip.  I'm guessing its sole
functionality was to save webpages to an encrypted database, but my guesses
are usually immature.

- libspoton in 2013 didn't have the content I would expect for a messenger,
but it doesn't appear to have code to harm the user in any way.