[ot] [wrong] Jokes

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 04:18:53 PDT 2021

Jokes are a way I have of handling psychotic urges.  I prefer to speak
nicely at all times, but jokes happen.

Here's one about real life.

-

Karl walks up onto stand up comedy stage, takes mic.

"I joined a cryptography list and nobody on the list was using
cryptography!"

Canned uproarious laughter!

"Not only that, I wasn't even sure why I got on the list, could barely
control my behavior, and this was after I had been overtly brainwashed!"

 Canned uproarious laughter!

"On the list, nobody seemed to really know about cryptography.  People
would talk about technologies that were a decade out of date, use systems
and setups nobody on the list would use ..."

A small pause.

"Sorry, that was just a build-up to something, but suddenly my brainwashing
kicked in and I suddenly don't remember what point about this list I was
trying to make."

Canned uproarious laughter!

"What's crazy is that when I read the list and post to it, I actually
believe it's the real thing and that the people posting to it actually know
about it!"

Canned uproarious laughter!

"Then I keep posting to it, barely able to guide my behavior, certainly
without any plan, as if nobody on it knows anything about it and needs help
understanding its culture, which personally I have almost no experience
with!"

 Canned uproarious laughter!

"I looked up the history of this list and it looks like it was
systematically destroyed by huge swaths of hired trolls.  Maybe I
subconsciously assume that everyone I'm talking to is one now."

Canned chuckles, some canned groans.