Tiny Recap on Early Systems Compromise History

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:11:12 PDT 2021

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021, 5:55 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:33:08 -0400
> Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1.  The internet started in academia.
>
>         that's incorrect. The arpanet is a US military project. Criminals
> at academia (MIT for instance, a leading 'military contractor')
> 'cooperated' with the US military, but the arpanet remains a US military
> network used

Yes, the internet's creation was originally funded by a military contract,
which I believe was filled by a telecommunications company, not really
sure.  I do not personally believe that the internet we use was
military-controlled after it became widespread, but I don't really know.

for surveillance, spying, 'cyberattacks' and propaganda.

This wasn't my experience.  There was no infrastructure to cyberattack at
that point.

>         So, from the point of view of civilian users, the 'internet' was
> compromised from day zero.

We agree on some things here.

> These disruptions left governments and corporations with a lot of fear
> and a
> lot of injury
>
>         that's incorrect. Govcorp criminals like bankers and other non
> human trash were never actually 'hacked' to any meaningful degree.
> 'Hackers' never actually fought against govcorp.

Kinda like poking a bee's nest.  Just a single poke, and many of them risk
their lives to hurt you, thinking you must be the end of the world.

What's unfortunate is that hackers won part of a "battle" against govcorp
and successfully made digital ecosystems of freedom that are now being
co-opted and used very harmfully and oppressively.

>The thing to remember is that hackers know how to secure systems, and are
> trying to make them all be secure, to protect everyone
>
>         that's false as well. Vast majority of 'hackers' work only to
> protect govcorp.

It is incredibly important that you believe me that what I stated was true
in past decades.  As stated, most visible hackers have now been kidnapped
by govcorp or gotten old, or both, so what you say has truth.

> Unfortunately, we have a situation now where everything is incredibly
> insecure,
>
>         Incorrect. Govcorp is pretty well secured against their victims.

Haha.  Yeah but they are ripping themselves and their people up a little by
not understanding it well.

> With strong AI out there,
>
>         lol - there's no such thing as 'AI' - it's a fraud, let alone
> 'strong' 'AI'.

They are silly words to use, but a computer can certainly beat you in
chess, and that happened a long time ago.  What if those chess moves were
instead software bugs?