New York Post : FBI encrypted phone app leads to hundreds of global underworld arrests

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 06:49:38 PDT 2021

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021, 9:20 AM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> LMGTFY... download the list archives, search goldbug.
>
> If the internet hasn't been erased, the evidences
> all those threads reference will still be online.

Well, I'm not prioritising this atm, but I don't believe you.

I tried to start a tiny blockchain archival project around the list
archives, ... so it is very hard for me to download them, no biggy, we can
disagree.

> endangered
>
> Deepfakes aren't real thus can't be endangered,
> only challenged and exposed...

It's cool you're mentioning deepfakes.  I clicked your link and started
learning just a little bit about generative adversial networks.  Ever feel
like your whole country is a big GAN filled with clear and direct stories
showing how this is true?

The fact that we still have world problems does not say a lot about freedom
of software development nor freedom of communication.  Conflict is stirring
in the huge communal tower of babel.

Let's change what you said.  Quoted for flavor, not meaning to imply you
said this:

> karl and grarpamp failed the challenges
> posed, thus exposing themselves even
> further beyond their fishy actions that people
> were observing that led to the challenges.
>
> If either karl or grarpamp, or honestly anyone
> still posting to this list, is an actual real
> human being, rather than simply a generative
> model, and honestly I am very skeptical that
> they would not be, then they are clearly simply
> following the direction of one.
>
> Until they pass these challenges, users need
> to beware of karl, grarpamp, or any others
> still posting to this list, and/or themselves
> make use of cryptographic signatures  to
> verify things.

But that's obvious!  Everyone's expected to do their own review, especially
if the code isn't signed by somebody in their network of trust.

It's important to safely state what's obvious when the world is saying
something different.  A lot of people will learn it when you do.