New York Post : FBI encrypted phone app leads to hundreds of global underworld arrests

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 05:47:32 PDT 2021

n Tue, Jun 8, 2021, 8:03 AM grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> The GoldBug Messenger fraud was already well documented
> on this and many other lists... they never defended the charges
> laid against them, just kept dodging and shilling their warez.

I haven't found evidence of this in what my isp shows me.
https://searx.be/search?q=site:cpunks.org+goldbug doesn't appear to display
what you describe at all, to me, maybe you see something different.

> > https://sf.net/projects/goldbug/files/bigseven-crypto-audit.pdf
>
> Anyone can write, post, print, and sell a bogus "audit".

> Good luck finding these so called "auditors" too...
>
> "David Adams (Tokyo)"
> "Ann-Kathrin Maier (Munich)"

So I'm inferring that goldbug is real, and Adams and Maier are further
endangered, now, and you were possibly hoping to protect them, not sure.

Anyway the big fakes are crummy.  I can't tell what the story around an0n
and ciphr are, but anything we can do to protect users is helpful, in my
opinion.  It's obviously not always public good or justice guiding public
discourse around cryptography, or guiding law enforcement.  It's clear
intense pressures develop.

I'm not expecting you to diss something like goldbug without backing it up
incredibly well.  We appreciate your other privacy advocacy on this
somewhat-stale list.