[ot] [wrong] imaginary therapy/compassion

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 05:24:00 PDT 2021

"There must be some way to make things right with these people."

 "What ideas do you have?"

 "I imagine them being in a place of hopelessness -- like seeing themselves
as causing evil in the world, and that being the only option.  But when I
say it, it seems corny."

 "Almost everybody has that hopelessness to some degree.  Our commercial
products, our politics, often it seems the only way to live is to harm."

 "I don't believe in this.  I've found great happiness in living harming
absolutely nothing at all.  When safe to live as one chooses, there is
nothing stopping this.  I can't imagine an assassin or such would worry as
much as other things, about what business practices their grocer has,
though.'