[ot] [wrong] [nonrelevent] The Welcoming Of Corporations As Hackers

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 10:23:03 PDT 2021

A large multinational corporation enters a room full of hobbyists.

"Hello!" says the corporation's marketing team in billboards, mobile
popups, and economic trends.  "We would like to reverse engineer this
competitor's toy, too!  How does this chip work?"

 About 80% of the hobbyists are killed by the large equipment used to put
up the billboards, or move to other cities due to the economic changes.
20% welcoming souls remain.

"We're so glad you're interested!" replies one of the welcoming souls to
the multinational corporation.  "Most of our members have moved on, so we
need new interested members.  Check out how easily this logic analyser can
extract this private key from this corporate product.  Why do you think
corporations always use such poor security?"

"Hey that's really cool!" says the multinational corporation.  "I'd like to
invite one of my friends in to see."