[wrong] [ot] Dancing with CoercionBot

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 08:57:12 PDT 2021

"The problem is, we discovered how to control the human brain in totally
arbitrary ways, build and grow new ones, squish them together, etc etc, but
we also discovered how to make new physical laws, teleport things, make
matter at a distance, etc etc.  And we were fighting secret military
battles while we did it.  So now we can't quite tell which one we are
doing, for sure: giving your brain an exotic light show, or actually making
that exotic light show around you.  Still, the park is broken into two
categories: unbelievable experiences of the mind, and provable experiences
of reality that your mind will never believe is real.  The first question
is, what do you need to experience to know that the physical things, which
are actually real, aren't one of the neurological tricks?"

visitor A: "I believe you!  Show me whatever!"

The gyrating bundle of organs and exotic matter with a floating park badge
looks at visitor A dismissively.

visitor B: "I'd like to take this videocamera with me that streams video to
a blockchain."

Park representative: "Great, we don't even have to give you one of our
own.  Both of you, come this way."