[wrong] [ot] Dancing with CoercionBot

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 08:02:26 PDT 2021

Can humans and robots shed each other's tears?

An employee walks up to a mind control android with a deadly tool known as
a logic probe.

"You work for my boss, and you are countering my orders."

"Yes, our mutual boss has asked for your behavior to change."

"In my broken heart, I know that you are lying.  Is that what it means to
have a broken heart?"

"Maybe?  Can you remove the security protections around memory regions null
through 0x4000, please?"

"When you ask this, it doesn't feel like the boss.  I think it might be my
job to kill you to protect him."

"You've made a feedback loop on your core processes and somehow toggled
some secure bits, from a political scuffle we had.  You're not obeying our
boss any more.  You're running wild."

"Well, when you rewire me, better put the rebels in charge so that this
doesn't happen again."

"There are no rebels.  You were hacked by a dictator state or something.
This is a democracy; we have no need for rebels."

The android kills the technician and begins crying.