[ot] [wrong] [fiction] Gifts

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 11:05:47 PDT 2021

Sad friend receives an anonymous delivery.  It is the severed head of
somebody they knew.  Next to the head is a message written in blood: "I do
not want a hug."

Friend is so sad!  Picks up severed head, goes to police station.  Delivers
head to police officer with explanation and the message, "I'm only trying
to support you.  I don't need a hug if you don't want one.  Can you hear
that I want to give you what you need?"

Returns to home to find it burned down.  The ashes of all their belongings
have been spread in another message: "You have no idea what it's like to be
me."

Friend had stored all their surveillance footage on a blockchain, reviews
the blockchain and finds home was burned by people with similar gaits and
frames to five others in their community.  Visits one of these people to
make friends with them, too.