Re: Dear Leaders: We don’t trust you because you’re untrustworthy

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 03:59:12 PDT 2021

Hey, thanks a ton for including multiple political viewpoints.  I like
things that mention gaslighting.

> They might talk about pharma-bro Martin Skrelli hiking drug prices, or
> correctly note how the Perdue family made billions partnering with the
> government and doctors to get Americans hooked on legalized heroin
> pills.
>
> But today, utter the phrase, “I’m not so sure about these vaccines,”
> and prepare for the gaslighting. You’re CRAZY for not trusting big
> pharma’s “safe and effective, safe and effective, safe and effective”
> vaccines 100%, no questions asked.

Just guesses, but they're more concise:

prevalence of a choice = effectiveness * profit / harm

    That is, the choices the public considers good are those that have real
reason to work, that are supported by mainstream industry, and that cause a
pretty small amount of noticed injury when used.

then due to marketing,

effectiveness = success * profit

    That is, things that do not support mainstream industry, do not
actually end up working well, because nobody discovers them, they don't get
financing, their studies don't get published, tools aren't made to work
around them, etc.