[ot][spam][wrong] Casting Therapy as Ridiculous

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 07:58:07 PDT 2021

Enslaved peacenik chats with enslaved meanie.

Peacenik: How are you feeling?

Meanie: Fuck you, man.

Peacenik: I'm sorry -- I've offended you.  What am I missing?

Meanie:  You okay?  I'm just upset, dude, don't take it personally.

Peacenik thinks a bit.  Peacenik was quite interested in respecting their
upsetness.

Peacenik:  I think if we can sort our feelings out together we can really
help each other.

Meanie:  Don't give me that bullshit.  And you're bound to get hurt talking
that way, you know.

Peacenik is taken aback.

Peacenik:  Are you threatening me?

Meanie wasn't threatening them.

Meanie:  You'd better believe it, idiot.

Peacenik is sad.  Peacenik begins getting paranoid and wonders if Meanie is
there to disrupt their community.

Peacenik:  Meanie, I don't understand what you're saying, but I care about
you.  Maybe if you don't believe it, at least your ears can hear it.  I
want to share with you that I feel frustrated because I was hurt really
badly around caring and connecting with people like you.  It's really hard
for me to imagine how you might be thinking.  Really, really hard.

Meanie:  Same to you, bub.

Meanie thinks for a bit.

Meanie: I believe you, man.

Peacenik thinks for a bit.