DarkNet: REvil Happy Ransomware Group Mysteriously Disappears Off the Darkweb

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 17:06:21 PDT 2021

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-13/notorious-ransomware-gang-revil-s-dark-web-sites-goes-offline

 The Russia-linked ransomware gang REvil has seemingly vanished from
the dark web, where it maintains several pages documenting its
activities including one called the "happy blog." From a report: It's
not yet known if the sites were down temporarily or if the group -- or
law enforcement -- took its websites offline. "It's too early too
tell, but I've never seen ALL of their infrastructure offline like
this," said Allan Liska, senior threat analyst at cybersecurity firm
Recorded Future, in a text message. "I can't find any of their
infrastructure online. Their extortion page is gone, all of their
payment portals are offline, as is their chat function." Liska said
the websites went offline around 1 a.m. Eastern time. The sudden
outage comes just days after President Joe Biden said he pressed
Russian President Vladimir Putin to act against hackers in his country
blamed for recent ransomware attacks.