more starlink garbage

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Tue Jul 13 11:43:50 PDT 2021

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 10:48:40 +0000 (UTC)
jim bell <jdb10987 at yahoo.com> vomited:

> Well, I recently saw that Starlink is expecting to be able to handle at least 500,000 customers.  At $100/month, 12 months per year, that's $600 million in revenue per year, or $3 billion for 5 years.  $3 billion divided by 42,000 satellites is about $72,400 per satellite.  Is that unrealistic?

	https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2019/12/spacex-starlink-satellites-cost-well-below-500000-each-and-falcon-9-launches-less-than-30-million.html

	"SpaceX could already have $250,000 per Starlink satellite cost and $15 million per launch cost."

	It should be self-evident that the price of ordinary wired connections or even radio links on the ground is nothing compared with all that insanity.

	But then again, the purpose of this US military project 'supported' by US turds like jim bell is not about 'cheap arpanet' at all.

	so we have

	1) insane price tag for the satellite. - destroyed after 5 years
	2) insane price tag for launching it
	3) insane amounts of capital to keep the whole scam going.

	Only a small portion of all that stolen money comes from the $100 per month some US turds in the middle of nowhere would pay.