Assange's Prosecution

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Wed Jul 7 09:31:56 PDT 2021

On 07/07/2021 16:58, David Barrett wrote:
> It wasn't dropped:
>
> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48253343
> <https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48253343>

I didn't say it was, but

Yes, the rape investigation was, finally, dropped on 19 Nov 2019, 6
months after it was reopened in May 2019 as per your link. I believe it
can't be reopened again without major hassles in Sweden.

Assange wasn't ever detained for more than a few hours on the rape
allegations  - he got bail, which he famously skipped.

Then embassy, arrested again, was sentenced to imprisonment for 50 weeks
for breaking bail which sentence he has served, and he is now detained
but not imprisoned pending appeal on the US extradition charges.

Peter Fairbrother