oramfs - ORAM filesystem written in Rust

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 11:01:45 PDT 2021

Travis, WASTE sounds super cool.

The question is earnest, I literally don't know why you would want an
> ORAM-FS for general personal use. The linked paper covers the ability
> to recover information in a multi-user environment, and suggests an
> ORAM storage to account for that - I get that. An ORAM-FS is
> different.
>
> What threats does the added benefit of using ORAM account for in a
> file system? As in; I really enjoy encryption and privacy, and I'm
> looking to get read up on when and where I should apply ORAM to a
> filesystem.

It is frightening that it is in earnest for you to find more value, without
expressing a reason to.

I am reminded of times projects have been disrupted, or behaviors and
situations been profiled preceding great harm

What do threats matter, when there is an opportunity to encrypt?

When something like this is posted, it is a blessing.  Ideally, everyone
would be using oramfs as much as they possibly could, for everything.  To
protect their privacy for the times when it ends up being relevant.

The threat is that we might stop doing that.  It is a very, very large
threat.