Re: The Verge: Police ticket driver for sticking Starlink terminal on car’s hood

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Sat Jul 3 16:34:14 PDT 2021

On 7/3/21 14:05, grarpamp wrote:
>>> https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/2/22561264/california-driver-ticket-spacex-starlink-antenna
>
>> that's unsafe and the driver should get a ticket.
>
> You're a biological blob prone to disastrous biological failure
> and extreme mental processing errors on variety inputs,
> nowadays also fully distracted via phone / video / drugs,
> driving hardly maintained mechanical blobs prone to random failure,
> at whatever speed above zero, on roads littered with terminal risks,
> including other vehicles, drivers, bridges failing, sinkholes,
> mudslides, insecure loads, tens of people clinging to sides
> of buses etc, cows in the road, terrorists, retards, road pirates, etc.
>
> By your logic, everyone should "get a ticket"
> for "unsafety", by definition. Even the cops.

No, not for "unsafety", but for recklessly making the operation of that
vehicle much more dangerous than it is and already needed to be.

> Yet no one was hurt, no damage occurred.

Not this time. What happens when a pedestrian or bicyclist is out in
front of that vehicle and moving at the exact speed to stay in the
unnecessary blind spot made by a gigantic satellite dish which has no
reason to be on the FSM-damned *hood* of the vehicle?

> So which is it... everyone goes to jail, or no one?
>
> Logical Answer: No one.

No, logical answer: the idiot that put a satellite dish on the hood.

> Else you are creating victimless paper crimes,
> and an unfree and unsafe police state.
>
> Stop doing that.

I stand by my original assertion, which matches that of the CHP. Driving
is dangerous enough *without* adding to it.

It's really no different than driving with burned-out brake lights or
bald tires.

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com